September 20, 2012 at 11:30 am
Governor Paul Hamilton Chapter
SONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
The meeting was called to order by President Jody Henson and the following meeting events occurred.
Announced meeting was held in honor of US Constitution Week September 17 - 21
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America - Color Sergeant Frank Wood
Pledge to the SC Flag – Color Sgt. Frank Wood
Pledge to the SAR – Color Sgt Frank Wood
A Moment of Silence for Compatriot Peter Driscoll – President Jody Henson
- Invocation: State Vice President Wayne Cousar - Lunch Served
- Welcome attendees and guests: President – Jody Henson 21 guests including
Jim Robinson, Pres. George Mosse Chapter; John Cork, Thomas Taylor Chapter; and Tom Long, Silas McDowell Chapter, of the NC Society.
Flag Certificate of Commendation: Vice Pres Michael Keyserling presented to Holiday Inn & Suites, Beaufort.
Installation of New Member – Robert Harley Hartzog Patriot Ancestor John Booth - Pres. Jody Henson & Sec. Tom Mikell
SAR Service Recognition: Col. Cud Baird 30 Years on July 14. Pres. Jody Henson
to make personal presentation to Cud at his home in Jacksonville, Fl on Sep 29th.
- Program Introduction: Vice President Michael Keyserling:
PROGRAM: “South Carolina Signers of the US Constitution”
Pierce Butler (Joel Holden); Charles Cotesworth Pinckney (Pete Dickerson); Charles Pinckney (Henry Chambers); John Rutledge (Bob Sadler)
- Treasurers Report – Sec Tom Mikell $1,078.59 balance as of 09/20/2012
- Registrars Report – State Sr. Vice President Carroll Crowther 2 Apps pending.
- Website Updates : Constitution painting and Important Dates discussed.
July Quarterly State Meeting: Carroll, Crowther, Tom Mikell and Dean Cullison.
- 2014 National 124th Congress in Greenville, SC State SR VP Carroll Crowther
- Poster Contest Winner Isabella Gregory……Showed Poster
- Gov. Hamilton Birthday at Cotton Hall Nov 3rd - Scholarship Fund Raiser in name of “Charles Aimar”
- Door Prize first month revenue: $95.00 - Need future prizes via donations!
- New Business
- Heritage Society of Beaufort BBQ & Auction -Thursday Oct 11 at the Islands of Beaufort Clubhouse. Invitations were received
- Wayne Cousar VP of Chapter Renewal & Revitalization Discussed marker to be
placed at Garden’s Corner, more details to follow.
- Alton Fanning Patriotic Musical Group to perform at Dataw on Nov 11th
- Law Enforcement Medal to be presented Sep 24th to Officer John Hancock
Air Station police, by VP Michael Keyserling.
- Palmetto Patriot due out soon. Lots of info on Chapter
(Read last Qtr Highlights…service anniversaries)
- Chapter By-Laws need updating…..notification of changes to be in writing -
vote in at Dec meeting. (See website)
- 2013 Meetings:
2 Lunch: Friday March 22 and Friday September 20
1 Casual Evening: Friday June 21 or weekend
1 Formal Supper Wednesday December 11th
- We will recognize a Compatriot Chester Cotter with 15 years service at December
- 2013 Pilgrimage to Thomas Heyward Tomb. Our year to sponsor, need to set
- Joan Easterling, wife of Compatriot David Easterling, suggested we offer
to present today’s meeting Constitution” presentation to local students.
- Next Chapter Meeting – Wednesday December 12th:
Formal Dinner & Meeting Dataw Island Club
- Door Prize of Don Troiani’s Soldiers of the American Revolution book donated by Jody Henson was won by Paul Steele. Sep. Revenue $ 70.00.
- Benediction – Wayne Cousar
SAR Recessional – Secretary Tom Mikell
Total members in attendance were 34.
Meeting adjourned 1:45 pm.
Jody Henson, President
Additional Meeting Minutes
Meeting minutes are also available in pdf format by selecting from the list below:
September 20th, 2012
June 21st, 2012
March 16th, 2012